It’s been way too long and I’ve been so swept with the exams that I almost had no time to breathe. I would write drafts of blog posts secretly in physics class or after and I ended up not posting once since the New Year. But I think it’s calming down a bit now so hopefully a post a week again!
Anyways, yesterday I received a notification saying that I’ve been nominated for the “Mystery blogger award” created by Okoto Enigma and the ““Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
I was nominated by the wonderful ‘Ashutosh’ aka ‘The honest fabler’. Honestly, I am so honored by this, it is my first time being nominated for these blogger awards and it makes me very happy to know that a fellow blogger liked my content enough to nominate me, so Thank You to you and anyone else you has ever read, liked and commented on my posts. It does mean a lot.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Things about myself:
- I’m the least judgmental person I know, it’s not just that I detest the human quality of being judgmental but personally I’m simply not interested in doing that. I don’t see the point in criticizing someone’s actions or behavior or whatever else. I have to make the people I interact with comfortable around me and just happy being themselves. I firmly believe in “to each his own” and I would like to believe that I’m a wholly accepting person. As Walt Whitman said, ” Be curious not judgmental”.
- I love people, especially meeting new ones and making new friends which comes across as a little weird to some of the people that know me best because even though being with people and doing social interaction is when I’m at my happiest, I still tend to be very choosy when it comes to opening myself up. But, in general I absolutely adore getting to know people casually as well as on a deeper level. I lean towards being a people person and hence to simply put it I like being liked.
- About my physical appearance – I am 5’2″ in height and though I’m not wholly satisfied with being this particular height, I’m quite okay with it, I won’t say I’m a “conventional” beauty (like 90% of our population) but I do love myself very much and wouldn’t hesitate to say I am like everyone else here, ‘beautiful’. I believe in body positivity.
The answers to theHonestFabler’s questions:
1.Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because English language is my first love, above all. I love reading and writing and I’ve always wished to be able to connect through my writings with someone else. I finished Grade 10 and in a way I believed that I had enough freedom to finally do at least one thing I enjoyed. I want to write a lot, to have it suck and be shitty too sometimes knowing that as I proceed I might improve, might start making sense of little things to myself and if I’m lucky to someone else. And blogging to me sounded like the perfect platform, a daring yet not so scary creative outlet, to be connected with other amazing bloggers and make friends I probably wouldn’t find around me.
2.When was the last time you had the heartiest laugh?(A happy memory)
The last time I was the happiest that I can remember right now is the day my mom, dad and I went tomato picking. This was last week, my family and I aren’t as close or friendly as I wish we were but sometimes on days like these I do believe I love them like I should. It was a beautiful farm dad owns, we went there during the evening and it was so beautiful and quite. My fingers smelled like tomatoes for the rest of the day and we later had an Indian sweet dish ‘Jalebi’ which was perfect since it’s winter and on the whole it was a happy day for me.
3.Where would you want to travel to?
I would love to travel to Europe! I’m sure we’ve all the heard plans of going ‘backpacking’ to Europe, but truly I would love to be there. As much as I know of Europe from the books, movies, stories I’ve heard and the beautiful pictures, it is quite enough to make me wish I could see everything it has to offer. It has a beautiful culture, freedom and an interesting history. The cuisine and the contrasting lifestyle’s quite appealing to a teenager as you could tell and I look up to so many people from YouTube, Authors, Actors or even some of my own family and I would love to visit the place that has housed them.
4.Which novel or poem you hold close to your heart?
There are a bunch of them actually by one author to be specific. I think the reason I have such an infatuation to books is primarily because of books written by “Enid Blyton”. As a young adult with more refined taste I now see that there was in fact nothing too “great” about them but to my younger self, she was the best author in the world. She wrote about friends, solving mysteries and my 8 yr old self fell in love with her imaginary characters and made them her own and that is the way I fell in love with reading. And so to this day I am thankful I happened to pick her book from the library.
5.What would you want to change about your life? Why?
If I could change something about my life, I would wish my parents to be more open minded and close to me. I don’t understand how to communicate my wishes with them and I till date struggle with holding conversation on a subject close to my heart, almost breaking down by the 3rd min due to my inability to show them what it means to me. I wish I could show them the world like I see it and have them for once support me in whatever I choose to do with my life even if they might never entirely understand why I do what I do. I just want some faith.
These questions were lovely Ashutosh, I thought quite deeply as I started answering them which I didn’t think I would, thank you for these.
Whom I would like to nominate:
Do check out these guys, I think they are pretty cool and I love reading their blogs!
My questions to you guys:
- What does a happy day in your life look like? Tell me.
- What is one thing you wish you could say to your best friend/ person you love that you haven’t been able to?
- Would you rather be a child again for a week or be able to take a peak into your future life for 5 mins?
- Have you ever had writer’s block? How do you think one can overcome it?
- Have you done anything out of your comfort zone recently? What was it and how did it feel?
A link to one of my posts:
This is one of the posts I made from the very depths of my heart and it means a lot to me, so but obvious I really like it and I would love to get your views on it!
I hope to write very soon! Have a great day! 😀